Logitech G19 – The Best Of The Best
I guess you are wondering why I say the Logitech G19 is the best of the best. Well to put it bluntly, it can do so much. The only thing I will say however is that if you are not an advance gamer who is going to use most if not all of the features of the keyboard, then this is probably not the keyboard for you.
It does come with very easy to understand software and DVD to configure and setup the keyboard for the first time, but if you are new to programmable keyboards then this keyboard might be too much.
There are many functions that come installed on the keyboard and it can pretty much do everything you could want in terms of game playing. Just remember seeing that it is a programmable keyboard, it can also be used by people such as designers and architects who use a lot of commands for their work.
So why would I buy the Logitech G19?
Well for a number of reasons really. But let’s take a look at them more closely shall we and we can see what it is all about.
Okay, so the design pinnacle of the G19 has to be the LCD Game Panel Screen. It is full colour and shows vital game stats in real time such as; system information, game statistics, VOIP communication data, video playback, image slideshows and many more without ever leaving your game.
Many of us that are serious game players like to have all of our information at hand. Normally we would have to toggle between windows and our game to see the stats we need. This is now a thing of the past.
It may seem a little extreme, but you can view image slideshows on the LCD screen and also watch YouTube videos. It is nice to know that you can watch videos on the sly if you want.
The backlighting is another really great feature and is fully customizable especially for personalizing G-Keys functions with different colours. There is also a wide range of colours to choose from.
Take a look at Logitech G19 features:
- 12 Fully Programmable G-Keys with 3 Macros per key – The keyboard allows to save 36 time saving commands and execute them with a single key-press. The MR button allows you to create macros on-the-fly
- Two High Speed USB Ports – This is great as you can connect AND power devices, such as your G9X Laser Mouse or G35 Headset through these ports. You can also transfer data to and from peripherals such as MP3 players and flash drives all while providing power to charge battery powered devices.
- Game Mode Switch – This switch lets you disable the Windows/Context Menu keys so you don’t get kicked out of your game.
- Multi-Key Input – Another great asset is the multi-key input which allows you to engage up to five keys at the same time.
- Colour Game-Panel LCD Screen – This screen is tiltable and displays information such as system stats, game stats, VOIP communication data, server information, video playback, image slideshows and much more.
- User Selectable Character Backlighting Colour – This allows you to personalize your backlighting to complement your workstation and gaming equipment.
Here is a video review on the Logitech G19:
I have laid out the PROS and CONS for you, take a look:
- LCD Game Panel is a must have.
- Very ergonomic keyboard.
- Great backlighting options
- The keyboard requires an AC adapter for power
- Only plays first 25 YouTube Results
So as you can see, the Logitech G19 is a good buy. In my opinion it is worth the price for what it can do. There are other gaming keyboards such as the Logitech G15 and G510 that also have LCD display screens which display game and system stats, but they can’t do everything that the G19 can do. However not everyone needs all the features.